Padmount Primary & Secondary
Scott’s line of padmount and overhead/wall mount metering solutions is available as a standard free-standing self-supporting padmount metal enclosure with adjustable mountings for customer-installed PTs/CTs. A separate compartment door leads to the metering compartment. This compartment includes meter sockets mounted on a removable hinged panel with cutouts for test switches. The overhead and wall mount metal enclosure has two mounting brackets and meter sockets. These metal enclosures are designed for 5kV or 25kV service ratings at 200A – 600A when installed. The metal enclosures are suitable for the utility side or solar field application with 200A – 600A installations.
Metal Enclosure Design
The metal enclosure is welded to a 3-inch galvanized channel base to reduce flexing and racking during installation.
The metal enclosure’s galvanized channel base, roof and walls are MIG welded throughout and grounded smooth to make the metal enclosure structure sturdy and water infiltration resistant.
Media blasting the metal enclosure removes metal impurities resulting in a rough surface that firmly adheres to the primer and finishing coat.
Once the metal enclosure has been primed, a sealant is applied to the seams to prevent water infiltration.
PRIMER & FINISH COAT
The metal enclosure is coated with 3 millimeters of epoxy primer and 3 millimeters of finishing to reduce the effect of corrosion. The epoxy coat is graffiti-resistant; use an adhesive remover to clean the defacement.
Metal Enclosure Benefits
When standardized metal enclosures do not meet your specifications due to site footprint requirements and limitations, Scott Manufacturing Solutions customizes metal enclosures to meet your specific requirements. Our 3-D modeling allows for ease in the visualization of the product, making customization seamless.
Metal enclosures are customized to comply with IEEE, NEMA, ANSI and Western Underground Committee.
Designed to withstand the test of time. The metal enclosure 3-inch galvanized channel base, welded throughout construction and 3 millimeters of primer and finish coat contribute to the metal enclosure longevity. Resulting in a long-term, cost-effective solution that can endure harsh environments.
● 12 gauge cold-rolled steel construction throughout – 13 gauge 304 or 316 stainless is available when requested
● MIG welding throughout, all welds are ground smooth
● Three-inch structural channel base is hot-dipped galvanized after fabrication
● The roof is cross kinked for both strength and drainage
● The metal enclosure are media blasted to promote adhesion of the final coating
● The enclosure has three millimeters of universal epoxy primer and three-millimeters of epoxy siloxane finish
● All seams are sealed before applying the finish coat to prevent water infiltration
● Meets ANSI C57.12.28 and Western Underground Committee 2.13 tamper resistance standards
● All door-to-metal enclosure seams are a double baffle design for extra security
● Doors provided with stainless steel pentabolt padlockable handle with vandal-resistant three-point latching
● Stainless steel door hinges
● Metal enclosure doors have lift-off capability in open position only
● Bold, clear cautionary labels as specified
● Positive door stop locks the door in an open position
● NEMA Grade GPO-3 barriers
● Clear hot-stick removable access barriers
● Hold down cleats
● Louver covers install on each vent to prevent tampering and animal infiltration
● Available as dead front or live front design CTs and PTs factory installed
● Fuses factory installed
● Removable or welded lifting eyes that are 304 or 316 stainless steel
● PVC conduit and fittings for low voltage wiring
● Factory installed leveling device